Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2000 23:53:22 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        blk@skynet.be (Brad Knowles)
Cc:        kris@hub.freebsd.org (Kris Kennaway), narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee (Narvi), dburr@borg-cube.com (Donald Burr of Borg - http://www.borg-cube.com/), freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Merger, and what will its effects be on committers?

Ugh.  Try again.

> At 1:24 PM -0800 2000/3/8, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> >  Unfortunately one of the other attendees didn't have as much
> >  self-restraint and spilled the beans on -stable a few days ago :-)
>
> 	I know, but after I told him what Jordan told me, it didn't seem
> to go much further than that.  ;-)

If you think such a merger will benefit BSD in the long run, you
should all quit discussing this.

I realize there is a claim that Jordan spilled the beans on an
immanent deal, but in the U.S., there is an S.E.C. mandated
quiet period surrounding mergers and acquisitions, even of
privately held companies, since there could be stock and equity
exchanges involved, etc..  A lot of noise during this period can
damage the deal.

You should keep quiet, until the deal is announced by someone
authoritative as being final and approved.  Anything else is just
gossip and speculation.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---