Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:49:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@closedsrc.org>
To:        MET <met@uberstats.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: XFree86 Upgrade ||  XFree86 version

On 2002-08-15, MET scribbled:

# Will installing from the ports wipe out my current version cleanly, or
# do I need to manually uninstall it first?  If so, how?

I'm not sure how cleanly it would do it since I didn't install XFree86
along with FreeBSD < 4.6 and 4.6-RELEASE includes XFree86 4.2 as the
default version of X.

Even if XFree86-3 was installed, I usually move X11R6 to X11R6.old and
install XFree86 from the binary packages from XFree86.org.

I haven't install X via Ports in a while :)

--

Linh Pham                                         lplist@closedsrc.org
Webmaster and FreeBSD Geek                        http://closedsrc.org