Date:      Tue, 8 Mar 2016 08:29:43 -0500
From:      Eric McCorkle <eric@metricspace.net>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Atheros 9462 detected but nonfunctional

Hello,

I am trying to diagnose an issue with an Atheros 9462 card.  The card is bei=
ng detected, and seemingly works (reports no errors with wpa_supplicant and f=
riends), however, the radios seem completely nonfunctional, as the card does=
n't actually transmit or receive anything (I checked by turning on packet lo=
gging and running scans/wpa_supplicant).

There are errors reported in pciconf (it claims they are correctable errors)=
: receiver error, bad tlp, bad dllp.  The Bluetooth subsystem also suffered t=
imeouts (very likely related).

I have confirmed this is not a hardware problem by booting into Linux with a=
 live memstick and running a scan.

I'm looking for advise on likely root causes and how to go about diagnosing t=
he problem (I've never diagnosed a problem on a *supported* card in FreeBSD b=
efore, so I'm relatively unfamiliar with the process).

Best,
Eric=