Date:      21 Aug 2002 23:05:36 -0700
From:      joshua lokken <jolok@myrealbox.com>
To:        Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.6 and 4.6.2 disks

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 21:46, Akthar Hussain wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  can any one tell me what each disk containing ?
>
> and what are the disk exactly I need?
>
> because there are 4 disks are there in the net for 4.6 and two disks for
> 4.6.2
>
> I need to install all feature of FreeBSD including gui ( kde and gnome)
>
> the disk's are found in web.
>
> 4.6
> 1.4.6-disc1.iso
> 2.4.6-disc2.iso
> 3.4.6-disc3.iso
> 4.4.6-disc.iso
>
> for 4.6.2
> 1.4.6.2-disc1.iso
> 2.4.6.2-disc.iso
>
> I don't want to unnecessarily download junk.
>
> Thanks
> ah.
>
> 4.

You're probably better off going with 4.6.2, since it's the latest
release.  All you need is the first disc, 4.6.2-disc1.iso.  The sytem
sources and binaries are there, as well as the most common packages and
the ports collection, which is a kick-ass compilation of about 7500
third-party application "ports."  I just freshly installed 4.6.2
release, the X Windows system (gui) and the Gnome desktop environment,
plus some extra apps (multimedia, mail, etc.) using nothing but disc1,
so download that iso and have a blast!  HTH,

--
	Joshua Lokken