Date:      Sat, 5 Feb 2000 13:43:57 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Yon Thulung_rai <yanraiwelcome@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The complete freebsd

On Friday,  4 February 2000 at 19:03:06 -0800, Yon Thulung_rai wrote:
> Hello Sirs,
>
> I am going to buy the complete freebsd from amazon.com but I found out the
> new verities version of the complete freebsd on www.freebsdmall.com
>
> Now I am confused which one to buy.  The amazon.com sells
>
> Paperback - 773 pages 3rd Bk&cdr edition (June 1999)
> Walnut Creek; ISBN: 1571762469 ; Dimensions (in inches): 1.77 x 9.03 x 7.25
>
> Which it doesn't explains more about it.
> I found out in the freebsdmall newest versions such as complete freebsd 3rd
> ed 3.5
>
> My question is which one should I buy?
> Please help me out; I don't want to spend a lot of money on it.

The latest edition of the book is the third edition, so Amazon is
correct.  I suppose you're referring to
http://www.freebsdmall.com/books/#bsdcomp, which clearly refers to the
fact that it's available *bundled* either with the current 3.4 release
or with the upcoming 3.5 release, which won't be for another couple of
months.  Either way, the book is the third edition, as the link to
http://www.freebsdmall.com/cgi-bin/fbsd_product.cgi?product=bsdcomp.bkx
will tell you.

Greg