Date:      Mon, 03 Feb 2014 23:32:36 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail authentication warning

Hello.

I've got sendmail with authentication: it uses saslauthd, which in turn
is configured to use PAM; I'm also using nss_ldap.

Authentication works; however I've got my logs filled with messages like:
sm-mta[78808]: s0U6haTm078808: AUTH failure (DIGEST-MD5): user not found
(-20) SASL(-13): user not found: unable to canonify user and get
auxprops, relay=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

As I said, authentication works, so my guess is saslauthd is first
looking into its own database (or something else), then pam/nss is used.

Is there any way to avoid this?

  bye & Thanks
	av.