Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:52:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
To:        M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.3 CD (Sep 30) won't boot

   Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:33:11 +0000 (GMT)
   From: Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>

   Yeah, I've seen the errata.

But you didn't say so.  Nor did you give any information that distinguished
your case from the one in the errata.  We're happy to help if we can, but
we're not psychic.

   Yeah, I've seen the errata. That's why I'm using the later version of the
   3.3 CD. However, that too does not work. The errata states that the
   original 3.3 CD fails to boot on ATAPI CDROMS, but works on SCSI. I am
   using the later version of the CD and SCSI, but it still does not work.
   The errata is wrong.

As best I can tell, the errata is completely correct.  As I already admitted
in the previous paragraph, it doesn't describe your situation, but that is
an entirely different point.

Please try reposting with more details.  There's a very nice periodic post
on how to get the best results from -questions, as well as complete archives
of previous questions.  Please check those to figure out which details to
give, and hopefully we'll be better able to help on another attempt.

Be well.