Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:41:38 +0300
From:      blaze@lists.infosec.ru
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Sony Cybershot should be in hardware notes (supported by umass)

> There's a bug somewhere which stops pilot-link working with
> USB.  I've been talking to the author about it, and he's not
> very motivated to fix it, particularly because we can't
> exclude the possibility that the bug is in the USB stack.

AFAIUnderstand, there _is_ bug in FreeBSD usb stack.
Pilot-link has two drivers capable of working on FreeBSD: serial
and freebsdusb.
Serial driver works perfectly over COM port, but fails in random
moments when working with ucom/uvisor.
freebsdusb.c has a bug and does not work at all. After I fixed it,
it fails with ugen just like serial fails with ucom/uvisor.

This is a link to pilot-unix-ng archives with my "patch": http://lists.pilot-link.org/pipermail/pilot-unix-ng/2003-January/000208.html

So I'm almost sure it's generic usb code fault.

And memory stick on my Clie is detected by umass, but fails to work :(