Date:      Fri, 5 Dec 2008 17:22:46 +0100
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Subject:   Re: DVD cloning tool

On Friday 05 December 2008 16:11:12 Polytropon wrote:

> So far I've used growisofs to record pre-mastered ISO
> file systems, but I don't want to make it that complicated
> (mound source DVD, mkisofs, growisofs / burn this ISO
> to destination DVD) if it can be avoided. It's not
> neccessary to perform this operation from one drive
> to the other, it's okay to have a temporary file
> (first read, then burn).

=46rom the manpage:
       To use growisofs to write a pre-mastered ISO-image to a DVD:

            growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=3Dimage.iso

       where image.iso represents an arbitrary object in the filesystem,  s=
uch
       as  file,  named pipe or device entry. Nothing is growing here and c=
om-
       mand name is not intuitive in this context.

So, while untested by me:
growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/cd1=3D/dev/cd0
should work.

=2D-=20
Mel

    and never get to the software part.