Date:      Sun, 4 Feb 2001 17:00:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        jeremiah@sherline.com, dougb@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/24856: New Port: Preconfigured bashrc for color prompt and dir listings

Synopsis: New Port: Preconfigured bashrc for color prompt and dir listings

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: dougb
State-Changed-When: Sun Feb 4 16:55:49 PST 2001
State-Changed-Why:

While we appreciate your contribution, there are a number of problems.

1) Your port is incomplete, and violates style guidelines. Please read
   the porter's handbook in detail for your next submission.
2) Your installation of the bash startup files for all users, including
   root is a bit over the top.
3) In the past we have suggested that people offering shell related items
   would be better served by writing an article for submission to the FAQ,
   Handbook, Daemon News, etc. I belive this submission falls squarely
   into that category.

I hope that this does not dissuade you from further submissions.