Date:      Sat, 28 Sep 2002 16:21:30 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Tim Bishop <tim@bishnet.net>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which ports get made into packages?

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 10:48:00AM +0100, Tim Bishop wrote:

> Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not sure, however, why jdk13 being
> restricted stops 'irc/pircbot' from being distributed? jdk13 is only
> required for running pircbot - it isn't used to compile it because
> pircbot is distributed by the author as a precompiled jar file.
>=20
> Incidently, it used to be packaged, but I'm guessing this is
> because it used to depend on jdk11 (but jdk11 broke because of the
> compat3x port being forbidden, I think).

Packages marked IGNORE will never be built, therefore packages that
depend on other packages marked IGNORE will never be built.  The jdk
ports are (incorrectly) marked IGNORE..this should be fixed soon (I've
been asking the maintainer about it for a few weeks now)

Kris

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK--