Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2003 01:11:39 -0500
From:      Rory Arms <rorya@TrueStep.com>
To:        FreeBSD-ppc@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   -CURRENT hardware support / willing to test

I'm just curious. I just started following this mailing list this past
week.
I used Peter Grehan's root & kernel system tarball, from his site
(dated Feb 26, I think), on my PowerMac G3 (Yosemite). I noticed it
failed when attempting to init grackle (as far as i can tell) and
dropped me to the kernel debugger. So, I assume that this machine still
isn't supported.

Currently, what hardware does powerpc -CURRENT, support? Is it only
Macs with the UMA-1 chipset and later models? I believe the chipset
came about with the advent of the Sawtooth motherboard. Are these the
only models supported currently? I tried it on my G3 Pro because I
thought I'd read somewhere on the mailing list archives that NewWorld
machines were supported.

I have several Macs to my disposal and am willing to test -CURRENT, now
that I have the system working over NFS, it would be very simple to do
so. I have a PowerMac G3 Pro (Yosemite), a PowerBook G3 Series
(Wallstreet,PDQ) and a PowerMac G4 (QuickSilver).

Anyhow, I'll be watching the mailing list closely and try to give any
feedback on future builds I try.

Thanks,

-rory

--
Name:   Rory Arms
One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to