Date:      Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:30:58 -0500
From:      Albert Vest <alvest@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATI drivers for FreeBSD - anything?

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 01:58:25 +0200 (EET)
Vladimir Kushnir <vkushnir@i.kiev.ua> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Is there any project on FreeBSD wrapper for ATI Linux drivers (like
> nVidia's used to be)? If so - I'd be more than happy to test (sorry I can
> hardly write it myself).
>
> Regards,
> Vladimir

I too would welcome this, mainly for ATI sound but also for video.

I see the x11/nvidia-driver port can still be built with LINUX compatibility turned on; maybe if we "make extract" with LINUX=yes, the source code will contain some hints to how it can be done?

--
Albert Vest, al vest at earth link dot net