Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 1998 17:52:15 +0200
From:      Scott Myron <zamy27@hsonline.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ppp packet mode

Alright.  I set up my /etc/ppp/ppp.conf to dial my local ISP.  It
initializes the mode, dials, prompts me for login and password, then
says "packet mode" and stops.  The modem still has all it's lights on,
but i'm not transfering jack. (ie. when i open ircII i can't connect, or
when i open lynx i can't go anywhere).  Is there anything else i need to
make or some parameter i'm not using?  plz help, thanx