Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2012 17:45:11 +0200
From:      "K. Macy" <kmacy@freebsd.org>
To:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bz@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Li, Qing" <qing.li@bluecoat.com>, Fabien Thomas <fabien.thomas@netasq.com>, current@freebsd.org, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some performance measurements on the FreeBSD network stack
References:  <20120419133018.GA91364@onelab2.iet.unipi.it> <4F907011.9080602@freebsd.org> <20120419204622.GA94904@onelab2.iet.unipi.it> <B143A8975061C446AD5E29742C531723C7C16A@pwsvl-excmbx-05.internal.cacheflow.com> <20120424163423.GA59530@onelab2.iet.unipi.it> <CAHM0Q_MLRVX09_jeSXmCY0=z5D%2BpfZgwqt1UGM%2BhVRU-=-Bbbw@mail.gmail.com> <5C2FC09E-1873-4A97-8980-07B336D3DC44@netasq.com> <B143A8975061C446AD5E29742C531723C7CA6A@pwsvl-excmbx-05.internal.cacheflow.com> <7FC5708C-429D-4077-9A3C-6272AB1316D9@FreeBSD.org>

> Because there were leaks, there were 100% panics for IPv6, ... at least on
> the version I had seen in autumn last year.
>
> There is certainly no one more interested then me on these in, esp. for v6
> where the removal of route caching a long time ago made nd6_nud_hint() a NOP
> with dst and rt being passed down as NULL only, and where we are doing up to
> three route lookups in the output path if no cached rt is passed down along
> from the ULP.
>
> If there is an updated patch, I'd love to see it.

Ok, I'm following up as this seems to be getting some interest. This
the relevant part of the last mail that I received from you. The final
part having been dedicated to the narrow potential ABI changes that
were to make it in to the release.