Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 21:15:32 -0600
From:      "Shane Reid" <nebula@accesscomm.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems with ps and other minor things

------=_NextPart_000_0071_01BE7960.1D5FEE00

Hi I seem to have run into a bit of a problem maybe osmeone can help me =
out with.  Recently the box went down I think due to a power outage and =
the file systems according to the logs were not properly unmounted.  Now =
when I do a ps it tells me:
ps: bad namelist
Also a few of our hosted sites resolve but apache wont serve for them =
even though it is setup to.  Should I force a fsck and if so how would I =
do that.  I currently do not have direct access to the box just remote.  =
Any ideas or tips would be appreciated someone told me you cant run a =
fsck unless you unmount the filesystem and in order to unmount the root =
he said I would have to boot it in single user mode (which is a little =
hard when its a few states away).  Someone point me in the right =
direction.  Thanks.

Shane Reid

------=_NextPart_000_0071_01BE7960.1D5FEE00

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi I seem to have run into a bit of a =
problem maybe=20
osmeone can help me out with.&nbsp; Recently the box went down I think =
due to a=20
power outage and the file systems according to the logs were not =
properly=20
unmounted.&nbsp; Now when I do a ps it tells me:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>ps: bad namelist</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also a few of our hosted sites resolve =
but apache=20
wont serve for them even though it is setup to.&nbsp; Should I force a =
fsck and=20
if so how would I do that.&nbsp; I currently do not have direct access =
to the=20
box just remote.&nbsp; Any ideas or tips would be appreciated someone =
told me=20
you cant run a fsck unless you unmount the filesystem and in order to =
unmount=20
the root he said I would have to boot it in single user mode (which is a =
little=20
hard when its a few states away).&nbsp; Someone point me in the right=20
direction.&nbsp; Thanks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Shane Reid</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0071_01BE7960.1D5FEE00--