Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:29:26 +0900
From:      Westbay Family <westbay@seaple.icc.ne.jp>
To:        Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OT: Patchset website (was: Re: 1.3.1 patchset 8)

Quiroz wrote:

> As I am using my FreeBSD box to develop, I haven't even installed
> Mozilla
> and I use elinks for almost any web surfing (Javadocs for the most
> part).
> The same goes when I install my system, and here's the problem. The
> licence agreement stuff on the patchset website won't let me download
> the
> patch with links, and neither with elinks nor Opera. I mean it is quite
> annoying to have to install the whole system (because mozilla
> represents a
> huge load of packages to install regarding dependencies) before
> installing
> the most important to my eyes: the JDK ;)

I understand very well.  I ssh into my FreeBSD server which isn't even
in the same country I am and have tried it with Lynx-ssl.  Can't be
done.

The work around I found was to use Mozilla locally until after the
licensing is confirmed.  Then copy the link to the actual zip/tar.gz
file(s) and paste  to the open remote ssh session prefixed by "fetch ".
  So it looks something like:

     $ fetch http://the.jdk.source.url;sessionid

Because the session ID is part of the GET, it works from the remote box
despite having a different URL.

It would be nice if Sun would make their site work with text-based
browsers.  I think I had the same problem with downloading the patch.
But it's been a while.

---
Michael Westbay
Work: Beacon-IT http://www.beacon-it.co.jp/