Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 09:26:36 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        ben@rosengart.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Letter to DOJ: Microsoft vs. the Software Industry

Given that the Texas State Attorney has backed up off from the Microsoft vs
Software Industry Trust issue, mail your comments to the Texas State
attorney  . Do it , Do it now and guess what ? You All are invited
to mail . Got a friend ask him to email !

Texas State Attorney contact info:

http://www.oag.state.tx.us/

email: dan.morales@oag.state.tx.us

California state attorney's web page which I easily found thru Yahoo:

 http://caag.state.ca.us/

They have a contact us button

 DOJ's Anti Trust Division contact web page:

 http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/index.html
 email: antitrust@usdoj.gov

Texas State Attorney contact info:

http://www.oag.state.tx.us/

email: dan.morales@oag.state.tx.us

For ease, you can always cut and paste my complain:

Your Honor,

The purpose of this letter is to ask you to block Microsoft's Win98
release until it is clear that its monopolistic practice ceases.

I believe that one of the tightest strong-holds that Microsoft has on
the PC industry is that Windows is bundled with virtually
every PC now sold. This serves as a way to block any other competing
operating system and sets the stage for application dominance by
Microsoft.

Enclosed is Ralph Nader's letter which was submitted to major
PC manufacturers. Naturally, there was no response from the PC
manufacturers. Clearly, PC manufacturers need to have reassurance
that if they start distributing alternative operating systems
no retribution from Microsoft will be forthcoming.

To not act in this matter will clearly stiffle the creative process
in the software industry.

	Sincereley Yours,
	<your signature>

Exhibit A
This is a web pointer to a letter sent to Compaq, Dell, Gateway 2000,
Hewlett-Packard, Micron, and Packard Bell-NEC.
http://www.essential.org/antitrust/ms/compaq.html

Exhibit B

For further information on Microsoft's Monopolistic behavior see:
http://www.essential.org/antitrust/microsoft/microsoft.html