Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 1999 15:05:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ada <acheng@barrow.uwaterloo.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help with playing real audio directly from netscape

Hi,
	I am currently running FreeBSD 3.3 with
linux-netscpe-communicator-4.61 (linux_emu enabled).  I have also install
raplayer 5.0 (linux elf) following the instructions given from RealAudio.
I am able to play .rm file if they have first be downloaded.  However when
I try to play them directly, all I get is the real player screen.  No
title of the song appear and when I pree play nothing happen. (it seems
that the raplayer doesn't have info on what file they are suppose to play)
Has this been discuss before? I try searching through the mailing archives
(newbies, questions and multimedia for keywords real audio netscape linux)
but did not find any articles that discuss this situation.  Any help will
be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks in advance.
Ada
P.S. I have a Yamaha sound card. cat /dev/sndstat gives the following
info:
pcm1 < yamaha sa2> at 0x530 irq 5 dma 0:1