Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 2004 01:43:53 +1000
From:      Tim Robbins <tjr@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Preliminary support for running 32-bit Linux binaries

I'm pleased to announce that my work on running 32-bit Linux binaries
on FreeBSD/amd64 has come to the point where it runs almost everything I
throw at it, including the Sun JDK, OpenOffice.org and Acrobat Reader.

The patch and some brief notes on installing the Linux base system and
a few popular applications are available at:
http://people.freebsd.org/~tjr/linux32.html

I'm aware of a number of problems with this patch -- I'm making it
available in the current state for people to experiment with, and because
I won't have time to tidy it up & commit it to CVS for at least 2 weeks.

Tim