Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:27:00 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
To:        Tom Rhodes <trhodes@freebsd.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TODO items for 5.3R

--=-H0uY20GdnugUcDLPrHx4

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 10:08, Tom Rhodes wrote:

> Perhaps I only seen one of the later commercials
> for say, electronic talking battle ship or whatever.

Someone else (who shall remain nameless, he knows who he is) suggested
that we might have remembered two different commercials.

ANYWAYS...

> > 3.  Just enough to get a user to the sysinstall screen.  The Handbook
> > can take over from there.  One nagging thing at the back of my head was
> > that I'm not sure how first-time users would get to the Handbook.=20
> > Obviously it's easy if they have net access.
>=20
> This is something that has been on my mind for ages and I really
> have no clue how to work around it.  :(

I was toying around about a year ago with a way to make a doc CD-ROM
that had renderings of the entire doc tree.  Last time I hauled it out a
few months ago, it mostly worked.  It's in doc/release.  Not sure if
this is interesting or useful.

Cheers,

Bruce.

--=-H0uY20GdnugUcDLPrHx4