Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 1996 10:55:43 -0500
From:      dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
To:        Steve Gibson <steve@aries.interspace.com.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS between Linux and FreeBSD

>We run our web server off a FreeBSD 2.1 machine, and user accounts on a
>Linux 1.3.72 machine. The problem is that for some reason, I can't get
>Linux to NFS mount a directory from the FreeBSD Box. Is there a known
>incompatibility???

It works, but its a little flakey. We had big problems with an NE2000 in the
Linux
box...switched to an SMC card and now all is well.

dennis
Emerging Technologies, Inc.      http://www.etinc.com

Synchronous Communications Cards and Routers For
Discriminating Tastes. 56k to T1 and beyond. Frame
Relay, PPP, HDLC, and X.25 for BSD/OS, FreeBSD
and LINUX