Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 2002 13:01:12 -0700
From:      Jonathan Mini <mini@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 16816 for review

Robert Watson [rwatson@FreeBSD.org] wrote :

> Hmm.  I suspect the reason for ucontext.h was that that's the API exposed
> by Solaris and other platforms with those context management primitives.
> On Solaris, /usr/include/ucontext.h defines the userland API, and does a
> nested include of /usr/include/sys/ucontext.h for some of the structures,
> and the APIs for the system calls.

Well, I suspect the same thing. I moved to sys/ucontext.h because on our
system we have both, and I was getting nightmarishly-reoccuring problems
with my <ucontext.h> not matching my <sys/ucontext.h> while I was modifying
the sys/ version.

What we do in the cvs repo will most likely be <ucontext.h>. I'd like to
see <ucontext.h> include <sys/ucontext.h>, because the ucontext_t structure
is defined by the kernel and then exported to userland (even though the
*context() functions aren't syscalls).

I dunno. I'll bow to more experienced hands on where to stuff these headers.

--
Jonathan Mini <mini@freebsd.org>
http://www.freebsd.org/