Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 1997 12:06:46 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: guspnp8 driver release

> If you get a minute, could you pull mtv (www.mpegtv.com -- it's a Linux
> MPEG player) and try it on an MPEG system (audio+video) stream.  There's a
> ton at http://www.mpeg.org/MPEG/bitstreams.html under MPEG System Streams.

Sorry this took so long to respond to.  I downloaded mtv, but it was
complaining about not finding libforms.so.86 or something.  So I installed
xforms, and it still complained.  Do I need to get the linux xforms
library and install it into /compt/linux?

> Also I (and Amancio too I'm sure) would be interested as to whether you can
> lock up your system breaking out of play apps.  As I recall, I was using
> mpg123 on an MPEG L2 or L3 audio file, let it play for a sec and then
> Ctrl-C -- didn't take but a few to freeze my box.

I cannot lock the system at all.  I have been using mpg123 extensively all
week, and there have been no lockups at all.  It works wonderfully!

Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group
7600 Boone Ave. N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
mesteka@anubis.network.com, mestery@winternet.com