Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:25:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Subject:   Re: fxp0 hangs my AXPpci33

> >I think that the SEEPROM reading might be very timing
> >dependant... David?  I'm worried that whatever the path in the chipset
>
>    It is timing dependant, but the driver inserts more than enough delay
> by using DELAY(1) for 1us. I think the requirement is much much less than
> that (< .5us), so if timing really is the problem, then it leads me to wonder
> if DELAY() might be somewhat broken on Alpha for small delays. A quick way
> to test for that would be to change the DELAY(1)'s to DELAY(10) or more.

It shouldn't be. It's using the rpcc register to do more precise timing. It
*used* to be about 30% off, but now should be quite accurate- but it's
certainly possible. I'll be interested in hearing this.

I forget- is this with 4.0 or with -current/4.1? I seem to recall that this
source base is a recent source base change even for 4.1- (July 4th).

-matt