Date:      Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:10:43 +0200
From:      Pierre Beyssac <beyssac@enst.fr>
To:        Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.ca>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rt_refcnt in RELENG_2_2

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 09:38:45PM -0600, Greg Skafte wrote:
> I see that rt_refcnt was changed from short to long in 1.30 of route.h
> are there any "known" gotchas if I do this on a RELENG_2_2 machine.....

That should work OK. Just recompile a kernel with that change and
see what happens. Basically that's what I did when testing that
under -current.

Then check that netstat and friends still work correctly, and
recompile them if they don't. This wasn't needed under 3.x and
-current but IIRC the way they access the kernel data structures
has changed with respect to 2.x.
--
Pierre Beyssac		pb@enst.fr