Date:      12 Sep 2002 18:28:57 -0000
From:      Joe Kelsey <joek@unx48.staff.flyingcroc.net>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/42706: www/mozilla/pkg-descr, www/mozilla-devel/pkg-descr inaccurate

>Number:         42706
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       www/mozilla/pkg-descr, www/mozilla-devel/pkg-descr inaccurate
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD unx48.staff.flyingcroc.net 4.7-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 4.7-PRERELEASE #21: Fri Sep 6 10:58:37 PDT 2002 joek@unx48.staff.flyingcroc.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/UNX48 i386

	The pkg-descr files for the mozilla ports are incorrect.
>How-To-Repeat:
	http://www.mozilla.org/ lists the current descriptions of the
	various releases.  These front page descriptions are likely to
	change from minute-to-minute, so perhaps they are not the best
	places to look for descriptions.
>Fix:
	I suggest using the words of the Roadmap for the pkg-descr
	basis.  In the Roadmap (httpL//www.mozilla.org/roadmap.html),
	the text related to the quarterly release cycle states:

	"...the once-per-quarter major release (e.g., 1.1) is the
	product-worthy branch-point."

	Clearly, a product-worthy release is *not* bleeding-edge.

	The current mozilla.org front page describes the 1.1 release as
	the "latest feature release" and also describes 1.0.1 as the
	"security and bugfix release".  It also notes that all security
	fixes in 1.0.1 are also present in 1.1, so the 1.0.x release is
	really the "bugfix release".

	We need to distinguish 1.0.x releases as simply bugfix/security
	releases from 1.0.0, whereas 1.x releases are cumulative feature
	and bugfix and security releases.  All of the comments about
	testing and bleeding edge need to be removed.  It would really
	be a shame to have so many people miss out on the upcoming "Type
	Ahead Find" feature simply because they thought that the next
	quarterly release was somehow unstable or insecure.