Date:      Sat, 05 Sep 1998 13:17:10 -0500
From:      "Jeff Rogers" <jlr@soltec.net>
To:        "fbsd" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   New 2.2.7 Installation problems

I installed release 2.2.7 today.  While installing x11 software, I got the following two
messages:
qt1.31 is a necessary file and wasn't found
playmidi 2.3 necessary but not found

I went back to do a post-install config. but could find neither file on the CD from
Walnut Creek.  I also tried to install the desktop recommended in the book, "The
Complete FreeBSD,"
# /cdrom//book/scripts/install-desktop (p. 237)
but got the message that Netscape couldn't be found.  I can no longer find it on the
CD, as I could on the CD of 2.2.6.

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing or did wrong?  Help point me in the
right direction?

Thanks much, in advance.

Jeff Rogers
jlr@soltec.net