Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 1998 09:29:02 +0100 (MET)
From:      Zoltan Sebestyen <sebesty@cs.elte.hu>
Subject:   FBSD2.2.2-REL. does not boot!

Hi,

 Last Friday, a friend of mine got sick of using an NT4.0 as a fileserver
for a bunch of Macs and wanted me to install a FreeBSD and setup a
netatalk. The only problem was that FBSD did not boot neither from the
cdrom nor from the boot floppy. It panicked after changing the root device
to fd0c.(It tried to do that even if booting from cdrom, but I think that
can't be a problem, because FBSD did the same on other machinesd without
any problem.) The machine has some old PCI (perhaps ASUS) mainboard, a PCI
NE2000 compatible card(it was recognized well) two 2.5 GIG and two 6 GIG
HDs; a 2.5  was replaced with the cdrom for the install.

	Any ideas?

P.S.: If I remember correctly there were some problem with netatalk/atalkd
in the 2.2.2-RELEASE, but unfortunately I didn't archived the mail-thread
about it. Does anyone know what it was?

Sebestyen Zoltan			It all seems so stupid,
					it makes me want to give up.
szoli@digo.inf..elte.hu			But why should I give up,
                                        when it all seems so stupid?

MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR			And please avoid Necrosoft Widows