Date:      Sat, 28 Jan 2012 12:02:08 -0500
From:      Diane Bruce <db@db.net>
To:        "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org, Mmacfarlyn <mmacfarlyn@gmail.com>, Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and jackd

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 10:35:51AM -0600, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 10:46:08 +0100
> Tilman Keskin?z <arved@freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> > * Volodymyr Kostyrko [Fri, 27 Jan 2012 10:53:07 +0200]:
> > > Mmacfarlyn wrote:
> -d oss").  Just ignore any warnings about ALSA; they're irrelevant if
> you're using OSS.
>
> For some reason, though, lately, I can't get Rosegarden to start
> anymore, even though jackd is starting up and opening the listening
> socket just as it should.  I've trussed Rosegarden, and it seems to be
> exiting after failing to connect to lircd, which never used to be a
> requirement.  After failing the connect, it segfaults and that's all
> she wrote!

What is probably happening is Rosegarden is trying to set real time
priority on a thread, which we cannot do as non root.

> Anyone know what's up with *that*?

I've been digging into the port lately but for a hamradio related port
'lysdr'.

Try

jackd -r -d oss &

The -r sets non realtime priority. jackd will start up, Rosegarden
should connect to that.

Please let me know.

> --
> Conrad J. Sabatier
> conrads@cox.net

- Diane
--
- db@FreeBSD.org db@db.net http://www.db.net/~db
  Why leave money to our children if we don't leave them the Earth?