Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2012 09:42:32 -0500
From:      Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        jb <jb.1234abcd@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Warning - FreeBSD (*BSD) entanglement  in Linux ecosystem

Those in on the core teams here are very well aware. Did you notice we've
survived this long without ALSA? :-) However, this is very good reading
for anyone who hasn't looked at Linux lately, and it's worth mentioning
that this is snowballing quickly. I used to really like some Linux
distros. I've been working closely with FreeBSD for 3 years now and after
watching Linux change in those 3 years from this distance I'm not sure I
want to go back. Everything that originally excited me about *nix
operating systems is gone; it's a big convoluted mess now. This isn't a
good sign and I hope someone has the sense enough to stand their ground
and tell RedHat/Poettering "NO".

TEAR DOWN THIS WALL, MR GORB^H^H^H^HPOETTERING