Date:      Sun, 16 Apr 1995 23:27:15 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org (Frank Durda IV)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, davidg@Root.COM
Subject:   Re: Memory init pattern

> Fine.  I still Strongly recommend picking something that doesn't mean
> anything or is otherwise harmless in meaning, such as 0xbad1bad2.
> Still easy to spot or search for - and no one can complain.

I'm sorry, I'm just having a hard time believing at all that we're
arguing about hexadecimal patterns to fill memory with.  Perhaps this
is a flashback, or I simply ate some ergot-tainted bread this morning
and am now in the full-throes of an LSD induced hallucination.

I think it's safe to say that a race of creatures which worries
overmuch about potentially hidden meanings in arbitrary patters of
numbers is a race of creatures who's time is up, geologically
speaking, and should have the good grace to wipe themselves off the
face of the map so that the NEXT dominant species (mutant cockroaches,
most likely) can have its well-deserved turn.

						Jordan