Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 1995 23:13:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@ref.tfs.com>
Cc:        jc@irbs.com, current@FreeBSD.org, FAQ@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.1 update

On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, Julian Elischer wrote:

> > On Tue, 31 Oct 1995, John Capo wrote:
> >
> > 	I'll take a look at that so I don't really need to reinstall from
> > floppies?  Isn't the -current tree supposed to be newer than the -stable
> > tree and will the -current tree become atleast 2.1?
>  think of it this way:
>
>                                                    /---->2.1  /->2.2
>                                                   /          /
> 1.0---->1.1---->1.1.5->X   /---->2.0---->2.0.5---+----------+-->?
>                        ----                            ^
>   BSD4.4--------------/                                |
>                                                  -current is presently HERE
> I'm not sure if the next 'stabel'
> release will be based on 2.1 or 2.2
> but I draw it as being 2.2 here

	So it is really ahead of stable or 2.1 in the code?

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan Fan Club Mailiing Lists Admin