Date:      Sun, 22 Jul 2012 00:54:35 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.rs>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: branch 9 and uefi

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 05:37:01PM +0200 I heard the voice of
Zoran Kolic, and lo! it spake thus:

> Hurrah! I shall get a bit cheaper version, plain m5a97 or pro.

AFAIK, the only difference between the plain M5A97 and the Evo is that
the Evo has better VRM's.  If you're overclocking a 125w CPU, it's
definitely worth it; otherwise, probably not so much.

(I'm not, but I like headroom  ;)

> Let me ask you further. What option you chose during install?

Well, I'm running disks I was running in another system before.  I
installed them by having a running system on another disk, then
setting them up manually from there.  I'm kinda particular...

> Further, what ram did you put on the board? It proved to be picky
> regarding memory.

I'm running a Kingston KVR1600D3E11SK4/16G set.

http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-ValueRAM-1600MHz-KVR1600D3E11SK4-16G/dp/B007N9056A/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3E7FYCA8C0KHE&coliid=I29FFUTSMXJ5YN

No problems with it.  But I wouldn't expect any.  Kingston's always
been good for me on the one side, and I really haven't seen near the
problems out of the boards some people have.  I suspect there's a
heavy contingent of people pushing weird bleeding-edge memory speeds
and failing...

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net