Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:05:45 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        mi@aldan.algebra.com (Mikhail Teterin)
Cc:        andrew@cream.org, kris@FreeBSD.ORG, olgeni@uli.it, ruslan@shevchenko.kiev.ua, seb@bluetail.com, ade@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, nbm@mithrandr.moria.org, doc@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com
Subject:   Re: erlang port -- a poster child (Re: I'll be rolling a 4.1.1 r

As I recall, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> Andrew Boothman once stated:
>
> =* If  the PR  is for  a port  make sure  that "port  update" is  in the
> =synopsis field, if only so that it catches Neil Blakey-Milner's regular
> =check for such PR's, but also to act as a good description.
> =
> =* If you are the MAINTAINER of a  piece of code (or more likely a port)
> =and don't have  commit privs, put "MAINTAINER update"  in the synopsis,
> =for the same reasons as before.
>
> Use  of  synopsis  for  this  worries me.  Perhaps,  this  warrants  two
> new  classes: ``update''  and ``maintainer-update''  in addition  to the
> all-including ``change-request''?

I too am a bit worried.  Are we saying that one of the ports
committers doesn't expect to do that job unless certain keywords
are in the PR?  If so, that should be documented other than in
e-mail here.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net