Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:18:01 +0000
From:      "Aaron D. Gifford" <agifford@infowest.com>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Audio software?

What audio software packages are folks using to play .mp3 files, .wav files,
.au files, .mid files, etc?  What packages have a nice X interface?  Just
looking for some recommendations.  Any favorites?  Why do you like what you
like?  Is there any tool that is a play-all (can handle MIDI, AU/WAV, and MPEG
audio) all-in-one audio app?  Which ones support playlists?

Many thanks to Daniel O'Connor for helping me get my AWE32 sound card
recognized on my 2.2.6-STABLE system!

Are there any MIDI file player programs that can use the AWE's wavetable MIDI
synth without additional drivers (I'm using stock 2.2.6-STABLE)?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, is there a FreeBSD audio FAQ anywhere on the web?

Aaron out.