Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:13:49 GMT
From:      "Dead Line" <dead_line@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   dial-up error, x

Peace,
1)
I run a FreeBSD 3.2 release.
i face troubles using the modem,
when ever i want to dial-up i do *ppp* then *dial ISP*
then it go in interactive mode, and I can see the modem light! and
click. then it says "chat script faild" and it stops.
and it will not call the number or even detect a dialtone.
Im using external modem. i created the cuaa0
but nothing happen.
Sorry if this a stuipd question, and i hope someone, go with me step
by step, so i can follow you.

2) i configured my X and when i #startx it works! but i cannot see
   anything BUT 3 term windows, what i hould do?

Thank you.

Marwan,
Email : dead_line@hotmail.com