Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 20:27:04 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.88Mb floppies

As Warner Losh wrote ...
> In message <199910021904.VAA16526@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de> Oliver Fromme writes:
> : Beware, I have not actually tried this with FreeBSD, and there
> : might be bugs that prevent using 2.88 Mb floppies.
>
> The BIOS will report a different value for the 2.88MB drives to the
> probe routines...  You may need to do some touchup there as well.

As you seem to have used these 2.88 drives before: do I need to do something
special when I install a 2.88 into a PC? I set the BIOS setup to 2.88
and hooked up the drive. I'm using WinNT (I know...) to check if the drives
are OK in the first place. Does one need a special cable maybe?

Reason for asking: on neither of the 2 drives WinNT wants for format.
Rather it does 1E6 retries (judging from the sound the drive makes). This
is on new 2.88Mb media

Wilko