Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 1996 08:45:20 -0500
From:      "Bradley Dunn" <dunn@harborcom.net>
To:        steve farrell <spfarrel@midway.uchicago.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: undefined symbol

In your kernel config file:
-device           psm0    at isa? port "IO_KBD" conflicts tty irq 12 vector psmi
+device          psm0    at isa? port "IO_KBD" conflicts tty irq 12 vector psmintr

:)
Anytime you upgrade your sources you should probably make sure
GENERIC or LINT didn't change. Undefined symbols are classic symptoms
of an outdated config file.

On  6 Jul 96 at 6:43, steve farrell wrote:

> got this when i tried to build a kernel supped today:
>
> ioconf.o: Undefined symbol `_psmi' referenced from data segment
> *** Error code 1
>
> the problem is resolved by modifying ioconf.c in the compile dir like:
>
> -extern struct isa_driver psmdriver; inthand2_t psmi;
> +extern struct isa_driver psmdriver; inthand2_t psmintr;
>
> -{  8, &psmdriver,   IO_KBD, IRQ12, -1, C 0x00000,     0,     psmi,   0, 0x0000, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1,  1, 0 },
> +{  8, &psmdriver,   IO_KBD, IRQ12, -1, C 0x00000,     0,     psmintr,   0, 0x0000, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1,  1, 0 },
>
> but, of course, ioconf.c is generated so this doesn't really fix the
> problem.  i grepped through everything and couldn't find the right place
> to fix this, but i'm sure someone reading this knows exactly where to go...
>
> (could you point me to that so i can simply provide a patch for this sort
> of thing in the future?)

Bradley Dunn <dunn@harborcom.net>
Harbor Communications