Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 11:23:27 +0100 (CET)
From:      jan@sparud.net (Jan Sparud)
To:        hm@hcs.de
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Answering machine interrupting other channel

>> Am I the only one seeing this?

> I __think__ i have seen something like this. Sometimes, very, very
> seldom, when i use one channel and then open up another channel to a
> different destination (both using the ipr driver) i think (!) i
> noticed that the first channel stopped exchaning data for some 2, 3
> or 5 seconds.

> I have no idea what might cause this, it occurs so seldom und non-
> reproducible that i didn't care for it. More, i'm not shure if even
> my own observation was right.

> If something like this is indeed happening, there is a good chance
> that it might be a race condition somewhere, somehow, sometimes,
> some.....

Well, I guess I have to delve down into to the source again then. ;-)

This is the only show-stopper for an otherwise beautifully working
system. We run test home gateways on a number of NetBSD boxes with
dial-on-demand in both directions, and i4b works very well for that
(many thanks!). But now I want to add the functionality of getting
access to the gateway via the answering machine...

/Janne