Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 1995 20:33:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        bvickers@bossanova.ICS.UCI.EDU (Brett J. Vickers)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with SCSI drive & ncr

Brett J. Vickers writes:
> sd1(ncr0:1:0): ABORTED COMMAND asc:47,0 SCSI parity error fru:2, retries:4
>(ncr0:1:0): "SEAGATE ST3390N 9546" is a type 0 fixed SCSI 2

There are a lot of Seagate drives out there complaining about parity
errors and specifying a Field Replaceable Unit of 2.  I'm looking
for ideas (other than Seagate firmware problems) as to why this is
happening.

There was a posting on comp.periphs.scsi about this and the Sun
system was complaining about a "vendor specific" code asc:47 ascq:0,
but I looked at the spec and don't see that this can be anything
but parity error.

If anyone has any ideas holler.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936