Date:      Fri, 2 Apr 2004 13:31:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Reed L. O'Brien" <reed@intersiege.com>
To:        freebsd-python@freebsd.org
Subject:   mod_python apache config weirdness

I am having trouble with this.  Please help.  The installs are all
defaults from the ports section.  I followed the instructions attached to
them.  They are usually pretty up to date.

<in Apache2 config>

AddHandler mod_python .py
       Gives a full rendering of the page (home, about, products) if I
manually add the .py extension

With:
SetHandler mod_python ( this is the one the mod_python docs say to use as
there is no need for the .py extensions.)

will render all the text and links but no images or menu colors, image
links appears as broken image links.

Although if I an add handler and load the default page (nothing after
trailing slash) then change to SetHandler it will render and work fine.
But it is pulling images and such from the cache.  This is what tricked
me into thinking it was solved earlier.  As soon as I clear the cache or
it expires it falls back to no images and noo menu highlighting.

Ideas?

Apache2.0.49
mod_python3.1.3
Python2.3.3 patchlevel 4