Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 1999 15:37:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Christopher T. Griffiths" <cgriffiths@quansoo.com>
To:        Darren Foo <dfoo@webct.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.1a w/ latest Linux Emulation

Absolutly,

Just make sure you cvsup the latest ports and install:

/usr/ports/emulators/linux_base

and

/usr/ports/devel/linux_devtools

*Also this will help out if you are planning on using the linux version of
Netscape 4.7.  It requires you to have the linux rpm of xpm.

I could only get Staroffice to work under my own home directory because of
some weird permissions thing, even after I used that soffice shell script
floating around.

But as long as you follow the instructions on:

http://www.serv.net/~mcglk/staroffice-install.html

you should be ok.

Chris

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Darren Foo wrote:

> 	Has anyone been able to successfully install the latest StarOffice with
> the latest Linux Emulation? I followed Ken's excellent instructions at:
> http://www.serv.net/~mcglk/staroffice-install.html
>
> 	But when I try to run soffice I get the resinstall/add/repair screen. I
> noticed that there isn't a linux_lib port anymore. And how come
> ld.so.conf still points to /i486-linux-aout and usr/winuser ? I also
> tried the HOWTO for 5.0 on freebsdrocks.com but that didn't work either.
>

> --
> Darren Foo

Christopher T. Griffiths
Senior Network/Systems Administrator