Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2003 06:10:01 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Grant Peel <grant@thenetnow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw

On 2003-03-13 14:24, Grant Peel <grant@thenetnow.com> wrote:
> I am in a quandry with my colo providers. They have an interface to
> mrtg, but that only shows me the bandwidth for all servers on my
> connection.
>
> Does anyone know how to setup ipfw to monitor, and show bandwidth
> statistics for individaul ip s on one machine?
>
> I am reading the man page, but its a little cryptic.

You could always insert rules like this in your chain:

	ipfw add 1000 count ip from any to 10.0.0.1 in recv fxp0
	ipfw add 1000 count ip from any to 10.0.0.2 in recv fxp0

Then, every packet that matches the rule will increase the hit count
of the rule.  You can use `ipfw show' to view the counters, grep for
the rule you're interested and pipe the numbers to mrtg for making
pretty graphs out of the numbers.