Date:      Sun, 06 Nov 2005 18:06:01 +0900
From:      SUZUKI Shinsuke <suz@freebsd.org>
To:        sean@mcneil.com
Cc:        ume@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: recent MFC code to 6-STABLE kills ipv6

Hello Sean,

> > sean> ping6 does NOT work for
> > sean> fe80::203:6dff:fe1a:b19b%dc0
> > sean> 2002:18c7:2d36:0:203:6dff:fe1a:b19b
> > sean> 2002:18c7:2d36::
> >
> > It seems an IPv6 operation for dc0 is disabled entirely.  Don't you
> > see an error message from your kernel like following?
> > 	dc0: possible hardware address duplication detected, disable IPv6
> No, nothing like that in any logs.  I can't see how there could
> suddenly be a duplication of hardware addresses.  I agree, though,
> that IPv6 is disabled for dc0.  Some change in the kernel has caused
> this.

I tried the same configuration (with the different interface card)
using the latest RELENG-6 in my environment, but I couldn't reproduce
your problem.

So could you please show me the result of the following commands?
      - netstat -rnf inet6
      - ndp -i dc0
      - ndp -na
      - kernel log message after sysctl -w net.inet6.icmp6.nd6_debug=1
        (if exists)

> Two things to note:
> The dc0 interface has option VLAN_MTU.  Don't know why.
> The dc0 interface is my gateway with ipv4mapping.

At least these two does not seem to be relating to this problem.

Thanks,
----
SUZUKI, Shinsuke @ KAME Project