Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 1999 06:33:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas Good <tomg@nrnet.org>
To:        Christopher Taylor <chris@thedial.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Rude Replies [Was: Reverse DNS question]

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Christopher Taylor wrote:

[ snip for sanity... ]

> > > Is this correct?
> >
> >         I can't make any sense at all out of this paragraph. However, you
> > should do two things. Buy and read the BIND book that about 14 people have
> > told you to buy and read so far. AFTER you are done with that, feel free
> > to ask some more questions, but if they are bind-only questions do it on
> > the bind-users list, not the freebsd lists. Second, you should contact
> > your ISP and get them to help you with this specific problem, since that's
> > what you're paying them to do, and without knowing the IP's involved there
> > is no way any of us can answer your questions with anything but guesses,
> > which are likely to be wrong.
> >
> > Doug
>
> That is one of the rudest replies to a post I've read on this last.
> Shame on you. Whether or not the person is misinformed doesn't make you
> so superior to him.
>
> --Chris

Bravo Chris!  I suppose there is a time and a place for the RTFM
mentality (or lack thereof) but a list devoted to helping users,
including newbies, doesn't seem to fit the bill.

------- North Richmond Community Mental Health Center -------

Thomas Good                                   MIS Coordinator
Vital Signs:                  tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
                                          Phone: 718-354-5528
                                          Fax:   718-354-5056

/* Member: Computer Professionals For Social Responsibility */