Date:      Mon, 2 Nov 1998 19:17:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      ADRIAN Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
Cc:        Jordan Hayes <jordan@Thinkbank.COM>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stand-alone diskless system ...

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, ADRIAN Filipi-Martin wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Jordan Hayes wrote:
>
> > > I'm looking for any experiences that people here have had with truely
> > > diskless machines: not booting over the network, but from say flash
> [snip]
> > 	It works really well.  A week ago I helped some undergrads run an
> > ACM programming contest.  Since we weren't allowed to convert a dozen of
> [snip]
> > 	Check out the FreeBSD web pages.  There is a little in the
> > handbook, a little more in the tutorials section and I even found a page
> > on NetBSD's site illuminating.  It should be enough to figure it out.
>
> You should read www.freebsd.org pages more carefully :-) For more info
> follow the URL in my sig.
>
> Andrzej Bialecki

	No offense, but I found the documentation a bit weak.  I even
installed 3.0 to see if it was easier to configure.  It was easier for me
to deal with the devil I knew than one I didn't.

	PicoBSD is pretty neat stuff and I have showm some people the
pre-canned versions, but making my own custom one was trickier thant I
wanted to deal with at the time.

	I know it's a new package and growing, so I look forward to future
versions.

cheers,

	Adrian
--