Date:      Sun, 1 Apr 2001 21:45:09 -0700
From:      "Kulraj Gurm" <kulraj@microbiz.net>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: server kernel error

I had the same problem with Fujitsu drives, the unanimous advise I got was
to use IBM drives - which seem to be the only IDE drives that can perform
well at ATA66 or ATA100.

However, before doing the hard drive upgrade I cvsup'd to 4.3-RC - and
display of similar problems on boot vanished? What changed? I really don't
know same hardware. Maybe someone out there knows why and can fill in a
major gap here.

I still changed the drive to IBM and system is running smoothly. So as I see
it you have two choices wait for 4.3-RELEASE and see what happens, or get an
IBM drive.

Regards,

Kulraj Gurm