Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:53:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Totally Jayyness <Jayyness@mindspring.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Beginner SERIOUSLY simple question about Gnome

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Totally Jayyness wrote:

> Thankyou very much Joe... as with everything in Unix, once you find out the
> answer, it is super simple.  But until you find the answer, it is an Escher
> drawing you have seen for the first time.
>
> I did install the Gnome-Sawfish via the Package Add feature in
> /stand/sysinstall over the net.  Will that give me the latest version you
> are talking about?  Or do I still have to cvsup it?

You should still cvsup and build from ports.  Packages are not always kept
in sync with ports.

Since Gnome components change frequently, keep an eye on
http://www.freshports.org and learn to use portupgrade
(/usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade).  They will both become your friends.

> And if so, well, that is something I have to learn how to do, havn't used
> cvsup yet.

Checkout the handbook for CVSup usage.  It's really easy.

Joe