Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 1997 10:15:41 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        asami@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVS repository pushed off the FreeBSD CD distribution...

I'm sorry folks, but the ports/packages collection has gotten so huge
that it's now displaced the gzip'd CVS repository trees I've been
putting on the 1st CDROM.  There's just no room left.

Despite what all the hackers may think, I feel that the ports/packages
still represent better value than the CVS repository so there's no
question in my mind about which bits get precedence, the question
being more one of "what do we do now for the CVS repository fans?"

I can get the repository onto a single CD still, so perhaps the answer
is to offer it as a periodically updated companion CDROM?  I know that
folks getting sources this way would want it more often than the
releases (say 4 times a year instead of twice a year), so this makes
more sense than pressuring Walnut Creek CDROM into going to a 4 CD set
right now.  That's expensive, and I'd rather not cross that bridge
until we truly need *4* CDs. :-)

Comments?

					Jordan